Fresh Food Chain
Securing stability and scalability of new digital systems through cloud transformation
"The client, a domestic food manufacturing and distribution company, had difficulty accepting the increasing business system requirements in the existing on-premise environment due to the completion of the new building. In order to flexibly respond to the changing business environment and form a stable work system environment, the customer has promoted cloud infrastructure transformation using Samsung Cloud Platform."Fresh Food Chain
With the completion of the new building, the client, a domestic food manufacturing and distribution company, are planning a transition to a cloud environment that is more stable and scalable than the existing on-premise environment.
The biggest reason why the client considered switching to the cloud was that while the size of the system became larger and more complex due to the expansion of the company, there was a lot of concern about various accidents such as unexpected errors or stops of the system, loss of important business data, and personal information leakage in the existing on-premise IT environment.
The client wanted to improve their operational work by securing disaster recovery functions to increase system scalability, service availability, and introducing professional MSPs through cloud transformation.
Verified Cloud Transition Methodology
· Switching only infrastructure to cloud in a short period of time without changing applications and DBMS
· When designing infrastructure architecture, consider backup products and DR architecture to ensure availability
Secure Cloud Access Environment
· Introduction of VPN products to ensure safe cloud access outside the workplace
· VPN connection is possible without modifying the application by utilizing equipment characteristics
Automatically deploy cloud infrastructure resources
· Implementation of Infrastructure as a Service by utilizing Cloud Maker containing Samsung SDS' infrastructure Know-How
· Automatically distribute changes in infrastructure resource specifications that occur during construction and operation in simple scripts
Ensure system scalability/availability
· Scale-out/Up infrastructure resources is available as soon as needed
· Reduce failure recovery time by utilizing backup products and DR functions
· Detect and respond to various security threats such as DDoS and hacking
· Preventive activities are possible by strengthening security settings
Improve operational work stability/efficiency
· Infrastructure operation management secures stability by introducing specialized MSPs
· Utilization of MSP services contributes to the concentration of business work by field personnel