It is easy to configure a Virtual Server for DR by simply requesting a DR replication on Samsung Cloud Platform. Also, any changes in the primary site, for instance, changes in data sync frequency, can be reflected without hassle.
Virtual Server DR accompanies building a recovery plan and implementing a mock test in preparation for a seamless disaster recovery. Also, it is easy to verify the recovery process step-by-step during an actual recovery and a mock test.
Replicated Virtual Servers can be integrated with various products in the same manner as other general Virtual Servers deployed on Samsung Cloud Platform. For instance, it can utilize other SCP products such as Cloud Monitoring and Logging & Audit for a successful DR.
Virtual Servers created for DR purpose does not incur additional costs as they are switched off during normal operation. A service is charged when a Virtual Server is turned on during a mock test or in the event of a disaster. Pricing includes any additional resources such as network or storage consumed for replication.
- Network settings of DR environment (VPC, Security Group, and IP)
- Setting data sync schedule, frequency and volume of data updates
- Retrieving the status of the replication process regarding the last data sync time
- Building a mock test and planning a disaster recovery
- Setting the recovery priority of a Virtual Server and the point-in-time for recovery
- Retrieving the status of the recovery process