PostgreSQL has enhanced its services such as SQL Hint, SQL Query, and DB performance management interface to ensure high level of compatibility with
PostgreSQL(DBaaS) uses a web-based console to automate DB managers’ tasks, allowing easy access for anyone to be able to create and manage databases. With Samsung Cloud Platform taking care of complicated database management, users can focus on application development and service operation.
PostgreSQL(DBaaS) offers optimized environments to securely manage customers’ data based on Samsung SDS’ decades of experience and know-how on DBMS management. The highly reliable high performance infrastructure and sync replication architecture developed by Samsung SDS also ensure high availability.
VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)-based network access architecture enables easier separation of databases and Security Group allows secure access while automated vulnerability diagnosis and analysis preemptively responding to security threats.
- Auto provisioning : Automatically install standard version Samsung Cloud Platform database using VM with various spec
- HA architecture : Active-standby configuration based on SW-level synchronous replication
- Multi-AZ configuration : HA configuration for PostgreSQL(DBaaS) across two availability zones
- Backup : Use either the backup function available by DBMS or backup S/W. Both are saved in Object Storage (data & archive) Backup S/W will be available in the second half of 2023
- Recovery : Able to recover to a specific point in time or present time based on backup files stored in Object Storage (data & archive)
- Patch : Provide patch function for DB minor version
- User parameter setting : Set parameters regarding better DB performance and security
- Read Replica : Configure read-only servers for purposes of load balancing for reading or disaster recovery(DR), in the same or different region
※ When deploying to another region for DR, VPC Peering connection is required.