Samsung SDS Co., Ltd. (“Company”) is committed to protect our users’ personal information and also to comply with the relevant privacy laws.This page describes exactly how and why the Company collects and uses personal information from its users.
- name, email address, contact number
* company may also collect other information such as company, user’s position, department in the company
* Depending on the Service, additional information may be required
The Company will not subsequently change the way a user’s personal data is used without the user’s consent, as required by applicable law. Unless otherwise stated at the time of collection, the Company will use the user’s personal data only in the following ways:
- To issue a log-in account for free trial service portal
- To respond to and manage customer inquiries concerning services/products
(1) Retention of information in accordance with the Company's policies:
- Retained items: Information listed in Article 1.
- Retention period: 1 year from the user’s last access to the website
(2) Retention of information as required under applicable laws and regulations
If the retention of any personal information is required under applicable laws and regulations, the Company will retain the information for a period in accordance with these laws and regulations.
Users have the right to refuse to collection of information. However, if the user refuse to consent, the Company will be unable to respond to the enquiry registered.
From time to time, as may be required by the applicable law, the Company may also seek members’ explicit consent to process certain data and information collected on this website or volunteered by members.
1. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The Company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes.
(1) Settlement of fees and provision of contents according to contract implementation and service provision
- Service subscription, change, termination, processing of service contract matters including inquiries about service
- Providing contents and sending invoices
(2) Customer management
- Identification, personal identification, fraudulent use of fraudulent members and prevention of unauthorized use due to the use of membership service
- Preservation of records for dispute settlement, disposition of complaints, handling complaints, dissemination of notices
(3) Service-related information provision and statistical analysis
- Development and specialization of new service (product)
- Identification of access frequency, statistics on member's service use, advertisement information related to new product / event, application for free trial and limit of number of experience
(4) One-time inquiries and requests for goods and services
(5) Service announcement, precautions, guide guide and survey conducted
2. Items and methods of collecting personal information
(1) Collection items - The Company collects the following personal information for membership registration, counseling and service application.
□ Collection Information
- Mandatory: ID, Password, Customer name, Contact information
- Optional: Department name, Rank, Company name
☞ The selection information may not be entered.
□In addition, the following information may be generated and collected during the service use process or business process.
Service use history, service stop history, service settlement history, access log, access IP information
※ The above information includes information changed by information modification when using the service.
(2) Collection method
- The Company collects personal information in the following ways.
□ Homepage (customer registration, consultation bulletin board), fax, service use, customer information correction, customer center inquiry, etc. 3. Period of holding and use of collected personal information
In principle, the Company will terminate the information without delay if the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved and if there is no history of using the service for 6 months.
However, the following information will be retained for the period specified below for the following reasons.
(1) Holding information by company internal policy
- Preservation items: Holding information according to company internal policy
- Retention information: Collection information in the collection item (required and optional)
- Reason for preservation: In case of disputes such as prevention of crosstalk
- Retention period: 3 months after service termination
(2) In cases where it is necessary to preserve them in accordance with the provisions of related laws and regulations, the Company keeps customer information for a certain period set forth in relevant laws and regulations.
4. Matters about Collection of personal information, use permission approval and rejection
The Company collects and uses the member's personal information to provide the Brightes IoT Service Portal service (Hereinafter referred to as "Service")
(1) Details of the purpose of collecting and using personal information can be found in the above 'Purpose of collecting and using personal information'.
(2) In principle, the service customer has the right to refuse or withdraw consent for collection and use of personal information.
However, if the customer declines the consent, the company will not be able to proceed with any service (ID registration, customer center response, bill payment, billing, etc.) for service contract implementation.
In principle, after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved, the company will immediately destroy the information. The procedure and method of destruction are as follows.
1. Destruction procedure
- The information entered by the customer for customer enrollment etc. is stored after a certain period of time according to internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations (see the period of possession and use) after the purpose is achieved. This personal information will not be used for any purpose other than to be retained unless otherwise provided by law.
2. Destruction method
- Personal information printed on paper is crushed by crusher or destroyed by incineration
- Personal information stored in an electronic file is deleted using a technical method that can not play the record.
Customer and its legal representatives may view or modify their personal information at any time and may request termination of their subscription. In order to view or modify personal information, users must change their personal information (or modify their membership information). To cancel the membership (withdraw the consent), click "Leave membership" Correction or withdrawal is possible. Or contact your service representative in writing, by phone or email, and we will take immediate action.
If a customer requests correction of an error in personal information, we will not use or provide the personal information until we have completed the correction.
Also, if wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party without delay and correct the processing result.
The Company will treat personal information that has been terminated or deleted at the request of the customer as described in "Retention and Use Period of Personal Information Collected by the Company" and is prohibited from being viewed or accessed for any other purpose
3. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
In principle, the Company does not disclose any of the personal information collected; however, the following are exceptions:
-When members submit licensed service requests, the Company may share your personal information with companies within the Samsung SDS family such as domestic and international affiliate companies;
-If the member has given consent to disclose information in advance; and
-The Company may also use or disclose Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), the Company may transfer Information to the relevant third party.
SDS engages the following data processors to perform certain tasks:
- Organization name
- Brief description of the Service
- Categories of Personal Data processed
- Data processing location/country
Members may access or change their personal information and the agreements made when registering the membership at any time. Here the agreements indicate “Terms of Usage for Service Portal”, “Consent for Transfer of Personal Information Abroad”.
The user membership is withdrawn when users withdraw their membership through cancellation request featured on the service portal, and the service agreement between the Company and members are automatically terminated. The Company deletes the personal information of withdrawn members in accordance with the “Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information”, and this information is not reviewed or used for any other purpose.
The member may request supply of his or her personal data by sending an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and to receive within 40 days from the requested date unless otherwise specified under any applicable laws. The Company will supply the requested data via the member’s ID (email account) only in the condition that the member correctly answers name, email account and the last access date via phone.
1. Purpose of use such as cookie
(1) Automatic ID saving at login and notification service
(2) The customer has the option of installing cookies. As a result, customers can set all of their cookies by setting options in their web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
2. How to decline cookie settings
Example: To decline cookie settings, you can either accept all cookies by checking the option of your web browser, check each time you save cookies, or refuse to store all cookies.
- Example of setting method (for Internet explorer):
Tools > Internet Options > Privacy at the top of your web browser
However, if the customer refuses to install the cookie, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
In handling personal information of users, the Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure the safety of personal information so that it is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged.
1. Password encryption The password of Intelligence Home Customer ID (ID) is encrypted and stored and managed. Only the person knows it, and the confirmation and change of personal information is possible only by the person who knows the password.
2. Measures against hacking The company is doing its best to prevent leakage or damage of personal information of customers by hacking or computer virus. In order to prevent personal information from being compromised, we frequently back up the data and use the latest vaccine program to prevent personal information or data from being leaked or damaged. We are doing. We use intrusion prevention system to control unauthorized access from the outside, and try to have all possible technical devices to ensure security in other systems.
4. Operation of personal information protection organization Through the in-house personal information protection organization, we check the implementation of the personal information policy and compliance with the person in charge, and we are working to correct and rectify any problems that are found. However, the company does not take any responsibility for the problems caused by leakage of personal information such as ID, password, resident registration number due to carelessness of the customer or problems on the Internet.
In order to protect customer's personal information and to deal with complaints related to personal information, the company appoints the related department and personal information manager as follows.
□ Person in Charge of Personal Information Management
- Name: Song kukJin, Group Leader
- Department name: Industrial IoT Business Group
- Phone: 02-6155-7937
- Email: email@example.com
You can report all personal information related complaints that may arise as a result of using the company's services to the person in charge of personal information management or the department in charge.
The Company will respond promptly to your complaint.
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement, please contact the following organizations.
- Personal Dispute Resolution Committee (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
- Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533-4)
- Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
- The National Police Agency's Cyber Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)
(1) Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every member shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the member considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes their right under any applicable laws.
You can upload files up to 5MB.
Use only English characters or numbers for file names.