This End of Technical Support Policy ("Policy") is effective as of June 07, 2021, and applies to all Brightics IoT BMS software ("Product"). This policy defines the final date of the technical support available for the Product purchased by Customers.
The term "Product" refers to the whole or a specific version of Brightics IoT BMS product group. This Policy supersedes all prior or contemporaneous policies related to the end of Technical Support.
Samsung SDS reserves the right to alter, change, and modify this Policy and its conditions at its sole discretion. Samsung SDS can post at any time on its website any applicable information related to this Policy such as the termination dates, termination plan of Technical Support, applicable product listings and other necessary information.
2. Brightics IoT BMS Technical Support Period
■ Key Milestone Dates
- (1) General Availability (GA) Date of Subsequent version or Announcement Date of the Discontinuation of previous version
- This date means the announcement date of the new version of the Product or the announcement date of the Discontinuation of previous version.
- This date is the base date when calculating the end date of the Technical Support for the previous version of the Product.
- (2) End of Sales (EoS) Date
- The EoS Date means the last day to purchase the previous version of the Product. After this date, the previous version of the Product would be no longer available for purchase.
- The EoS Date is the first day after 3 months have passed from the GA Date of Subsequent version.
※ Existing customers(Only Brightics IoT BMS v2.0 operating site customers) can purchase the same version additionally
- (3) End of Technical Support (EoTS) Date
- The EoTS Date means the last date on which the Standard Technical Support is provided for the previous version of the Product.
- The EoTS Date is the first day after 60 months have passed from the GA Date of Subsequent version.
- It is strongly recommended to upgrade to the latest version before the Product reaches its EoTS Date.
- (4) End of Extended Technical Support (EoXS) Date
- Extended Technical Support is optional and provided for up to 60 months by mutual agreement between Samsung SDS and the Customers.
- The EoXS Date is the last date on which the Extended Technical Support is provided for the previous version of the Product.
- The Extended Technical Support fee shall be calculated as follows:
Technical Support fee + 15% of the Technical Support fee.
3. End of Life(EoL) Policy for Hardware
Hardware products (including controller) may be discontinued due to external factors, such as discontinuation of parts, without regards to the software EoTS(End of Technical Support).
To learn more about EOL policy for hardware, please contact your sales representative.
4. End of Technical support plan
|Product||Ver||End of technical support plan||Remarks|
Brightics IoT BMS
|v1.0*||'19.11.12||'20.05.12||'20.05.12||Please contact your sales representative for details, if you are currently on a technical support contract.|
* BMS v1.0 includes ControlCity v6.2 or less
** BMS v2.0 includes ControlCity-NX