Brightics IoT 3.0 with Enhanced Data Processing Technology Listed in Global Market Research Reports
Brightics IoT is an integrated industrial IoT platform that provides one-stop services ranging from collecting, monitoring, and controlling massive data generated from devices in various industries to deploying and implementing AI models to support edge computing*. The solution plays a crucial part in integrated management, as it controls equipment in real-time by connecting devices in remote sites to identify and manage errors.
* Edge computing is the deployment of computing and storage resources at or near the location where data is produced.
Samsung Electronics’ Device Solutions Unit selected Brightics IoT as a standard IoT platform in 2017. Since then, the solution has been utilized as a productivity improvement (yield management) solution that collects, processes, stores, and analyzes data in real-time by connecting more than 20 thousand sensors and devices on manufacturing sites. Public organizations also adopted the solution as their key infrastructure system for providing intelligent monitoring and control services.
Samsung SDS recently unveiled Brightics IoT 3.0 with upgraded features for more efficient data management, user convenience and intelligent edge functions. The solution improved clients’ portal usability with faster processing of the user interface (UI) and browsers of user portals. With the newly added lightweight function, the solution can rapidly compress and deploy large-sized deep-learning models. Furthermore, the solution’s connectivity with Brightics AI was further upgraded, enabling analytics modeling of massive IoT data and real-time AI model deployment for each target device.
The newly released Brightics IoT 3.0 will be applied to various business areas, such as smart manufacturing equipment management, safety management at construction and logistics sites, and integrated management of public facilities, thus improving business productivity. In addition, the solution will be actively utilized to improve system stability and innovative product and service development. Visit Samsung SDS website’s My Trial if you want to experience Brightics IoT’s free-trial version.
☞ Click here to experience Brightics IoT for free.
- Equipment, Facility IoTG/W: Local Connectivity, End thing management
- IoT Terminal SDK, Hub Devices
- Legacy System
- Camera, Equipment IoT Edge: Common App, Runtime Builder, Edge Agent(Upgraded Functions)
- 1. IoT core
- Connectivity: MQTT, CoAP, Web socket, REST(Key Features), File(New Functions), DB(New Functions)
- IoT management: Monitoring, control, firmware management, data management(Upgraded Functions)
- Add-on service: Location service, visualization(New Functions, Upgraded Functions, Key Features), AR
- Service management: development tool, web emulator, api mgmt.
- Data Bus: RDB, NoSQL, TSDB(New Functions, Key Features)
- 2. IoT Edge
- Edge Device: Device Registry(Key Features, Upgraded Functions), device group, agent install (Upgraded Functions)
- Edge Monitoring & control: Device Ops, App Ops, Channel Ops, CEP Ops
- Edge app build & deploy (edge app group(Key Features, New Functions), Edge App deploy(Upgraded Functions, Key Features), docker image build)
- Edge app: custom app, function app, machine learning app, deep learning app(Key Features, New Functions)
- Analytics modeling tool: brightics ML(Key Features), python, tensorflow...
- 3. IoT security : end to end security
Brightics IoT Evaluated Among the Top Vendors in Global Market Research Reports
This year, Brightics IoT was included in The Forrester Wave™: Industrial Internet-of-Things Software Platforms, Q3 2021 report issued by Forrester, a global research and advisory firm, ranked along with seven other companies. The Forrester report includes a requirement of “A multicloud deployment model” in its vendor inclusion criteria. Evaluation criteria span three categories – current offering, strategy, and market presence. Only eight companies were positioned in this report, including Samsung SDS.
In addition, Samsung SDS for its Brightics IoT was positioned as a Niche Player in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant™ for Industrial IoT Platforms report issued this past October.
Samsung SDS will try to expand the solution’s reach to more diverse sectors by leveraging the solution’s superior technological capabilities proven by the above global reports.
Attribution and Disclaimer
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Industrial IoT Platforms, Alfonso Velosa, et al., 18 October 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.