VMware Greenplum uses an architecture for data distribution and parallel processing, allowing the analysis of petabyte-scale data within a single cluster. This in turn helps perform linear scalability whereby data processing capacity and processing power increase during node addition. VMware Greemplum also supports big data modeling analysis, which enhances query performance by reducing data scanning time through data serialization.
VMware Greenplum(DBaaS) uses a web-based console to automate DB managers’ tasks, allowing easy access for anyone to be able to create and manage databases. With Samsung Cloud Platform taking care of complicated database management, users can focus on application development and service operation.
Building on its extensive experience in DBMS management, Samsung SDS offers an optimal DB management environment that keeps customer data secure. In addition, equipped with a reliable, high-performance infrastructure, master node is redundant and data replicas between several segment(data) nodes are stored automatically and redundant, guaranteeing high availability.
VPC(Virtual Private Cloud)-based network access architecture enables easier separation of databases and Security Group allows secure access while automated vulnerability diagnosis and analysis preemptively responding to security threats.
User →RDB Provisioning(Create VM →Assign Storage & N/W→Greenplum Install)→System configuration→VPC VMware Greenplum
- Auto-provisioning : Automatically install standard DB based on VMs of various spec
- Provide automatic configuration of standby node and high-availability feature
- Cluster configuration : Configure parallel processing structure for data nodes
- Data distribution and parallel processing architecture offer linear scalability for analysis throughput as nodes are added
- Analyze various external data without ETL(Extract, Transform, Load)
- In-database machine learning feature that enables machine learning on the entire data set
- Monitor resource and DB status through cloud monitoring
- Support scale-out and data rebalancing on data nodes
- User parameter configuration : Enhance DB performance and configure security parameters
※ DB management features to be provided in 2024