DB Service offers optimized environments to securely manage customers’ data based on Samsung SDS’ decades of experience and know-how on DBMS management.
The highly reliable high performance infrastructure and sync replication architecture developed by Samsung SDS also ensure high availability.
Efficient virtualized management helps guarantee stable resource usage and high computing power. For additional data storage, high performance SSD up to 16,000 IOPS per volume is offered.
The DB Service uses a web-based console to automate DB managers’ tasks, allowing easy access for anyone to be able to create and manage databases (backup/recovery, patch, editing parameters, audit, monitoring, etc.). With DB Service taking care of complicated database management, users can focus on application development and service operation.
VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)-based network access architecture enables easier separation of databases and Security Group allows secure access while automated vulnerability diagnosis and analysis preemptively responding to security threats.
- RDB : EPAS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, MS SQL, Tibero, and Vertica
- NoSQL DB : Redis
- Auto Provisioning : Automatically install standard version SDS database using VM with various spec
- HA architecture (RDB) : Active-standby configuration based on SW-level synchronous replication
- Cluster architecture (NoSQL) : Replica architecture in DB to guarantee availability
- Backup : Store in Object Storage (data & archive) using DBMS's own backup function
- Recovery : Able to recover to a specific point in time or present time based on backup files stored in Object Storage (data & archive)
- Patch : Offer patch function for DB Minor Version
- User parameter setting : Set parameters regarding better DB performance and security
- Audit setting : Save logs on DB connection and DDL execution
- Monitoring : Monitor VM resources (CPU and Memory) and DB status
- Read Replica : Configure read-only servers for purposes of load balancing for reading or disaster recovery (DR) (supported by PostgreSQL and MariaDB only)
Whether you’re looking for a specific business solution or just need some questions answered, we’re here to help