Using the source code and architecture identical to MySQL, MariaDB(DBaaS) guarantees high compatibility with MySQL. Its fast query response and flexible structure make it highly scalable. Users can utilize the commands, interfaces, and APIs used in MySQL.
MariaDB(DBaaS) uses a web-based console to automate DB managers’ tasks, allowing easy access for anyone to be able to create and manage databases. With Samsung Cloud Platform taking care of complicated database management, users can focus on application development and service operation.
MariaDB(DBaaS) offers optimized environments to securely manage customers’ data based on Samsung SDS’ decades of experience and know-how on DBMS management. The highly reliable high performance infrastructure and sync replication architecture developed by Samsung SDS also ensure high availability.
VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)-based network access architecture enables easier separation of databases and Security Group allows secure access while automated vulnerability diagnosis and analysis preemptively responding to security threats.
- Auto provisioning : Automatically install standard version Samsung Cloud Platform database using VM with various spec
- HA architecture : Active-standby configuration based on SW-level synchronous replication
- Multi-AZ configuration : HA configuration for Maria(DBaaS) across two availability zones
- Backup : Provide full backup which uses DB backup feature and incremental backup which uses backup S/W. CDP-based incremental backup offers faster operations and efficient storage compared to DB backup. Archival backup data is stored in the Object Storage for both backup types.
* CDP : Continuous Data Protection
- Recovery : Able to recover to a specific point in time or present time based on backup files stored in storage (data & archive)
- Patch : Patch DB minor version and upgrade major version.
- User parameter setting : Set parameters regarding better DB performance and security
- Read Replica : Configure read-only servers for purposes of load balancing for reading or disaster recovery(DR), in the same or different region
※ When deploying to another region for DR, VPC/TGW Peering (Korea) and Cloud WAN (Overseas) connection is required.